Bonner County Human Rights Task Force Fund (North Idaho)
Idaho Community Foundation (ICF)
Predicted deadline: Apr 30, 2024
Grant amount: Up to US $8,000
Fields of work: Social Justice / Human Rights Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity, Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Bonner County, Idaho
Location of residency: Bonner County, Idaho
About the Bonner County Human Rights Task Force Fund
The Bonner County Human Rights Task Force’s responsibility is to affirm the American principles and ideals of the inviolable dignity and worth of each human being that recognizes that everyone is equal under our state and federal laws and constitutions. BCHRTF was founded in 1992 to support human rights through community education and advocacy. In December 2012 the major portion of BCHRTF’s assets were placed in a donor advised fund administered by the Idaho Community Foundation (ICF). The BCHRTF board of directors recommends distribution of those funds to grantees that develop programs and projects that enhance human rights and celebrate diversity.
Grants are limited only to those organizations or entities whose activities reflect commitment to the ideal that everyone is equal under our state and federal laws and constitution regardless of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation or disability. Grants must deal with projects and programs that focus on community education and activities that celebrate the fact that it is the racial, social, and cultural diversity of our people that makes Bonner County a rich and worthwhile place to live.
Grants up to $8,000 will be considered. Although in extreme or emergency circumstances, this limit may be waived by the BCHRTF board of directors.
The advisors to the BCHRTF funds will consider grant requests for activities and projects that:
- Affirm the American principles and ideals of the inviolable dignity and worth of each human being
- Promote community education on bias and prejudice in furtherance of positive human relations and cultural diversity
- Reach a broad segment of the community or school population
- Focus on providing information, education, and programs designed to increase awareness of the importance of nondiscrimination and elimination of prejudice and/or harassment
- Celebrate the value of racial, social and cultural diversity for the quality of life in Bonner County.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is eligible to apply:
- Organizations and entities located in Bonner County that meet one of the three following criteria:
- Organizations with a 501c3 nonprofit status under IRS code 170
- Public educational institutions
- Government entities including local governments and libraries
- Occasionally the BCHRTF will fund projects initiated by organizations that do not have federal tax-exempt status.
- However, the organization must secure a federally qualified exempt sponsor.
- Projects will be favored if they include the following features:
- Collaboration with other community groups
- Provision of matching of in-kind funds
- Project sustainability
- Meeting an urgent or ongoing community need
- Letters indicating community support
- Projects ineligible for funding include:
- Projects that benefit a private individual
- Routine operating expenses or benefits
- Fund raising projects
- Political activities or those designed to influence legislation
- Religious organizations for the sole purpose of furthering that religion
- Grants to individuals
- Less preferred projects include:
- Capital projects
- Staffing expenses
- Travel for individuals
- Attendance at conferences
- Bonner County Fund for Arts Enhancement
- Chobani Community Impact Fund
- East Idaho- F.M., Anne G., and Beverly B. Bistline Foundation Fund Grant
- Forever Idaho Grant Program - Northern Region
- Forever Idaho Regional Grant Program - Eastern Region
- Forever Idaho Regional Grant Program - Southwestern and South Central Region
- Idaho Future Fund - Eastern Region
- Idaho Future Fund Grant - Southwest & South Central Region
- Idaho Future Fund - Northern Region
- Ifft Foundation Fund
- North Idaho- Junior Garnier & Bud Ashford Military Veterans Fund Grant
- Perc H. Shelton and Gladys A. Pospisil Shelton Foundation Advised Fund
- Statewide- Student Loan Fund of Idaho Education Fund
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”