Forever Idaho Regional Grant Program - Southwestern and South Central Region
Idaho Community Foundation (ICF)
Next predicted deadline: Mar 1, 2024
Later predicted deadlines: Aug 15, 2024
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Fields of work: Education Art & Culture Environment Environmental Conservation Community/Public Safety Civic Affairs Recreation Library Services Health & Medicine Community Development & Revitalization Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Human & Social Services Show all
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit, Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Idaho: Ada County, Adams County, Blaine County, Boise County, Camas County, Canyon County, Cassia County, Elmore County, Gem County, Gooding County, Jerome County, Lincoln County, Minidoka County, Owyhee County, Payette County, Twin Falls County, Valley County, Washington County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Idaho: Ada County, Adams County, Blaine County, Boise County, Camas County, Canyon County, Cassia County, Elmore County, Gem County, Gooding County, Jerome County, Lincoln County, Minidoka County, Owyhee County, Payette County, Twin Falls County, Valley County, Washington County Show all
Idaho Community Foundation
Since 1988, ICF has been in Idaho working with generous people who want to give to trusted, deserving organizations. With local staff, three offices throughout the state (Boise, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho Falls), and grant opportunities for each of Idaho’s 44 counties, we know our communities. A gift through ICF lasts forever. Let us show you how.
For Idaho’s charitable individuals and families, ICF provides a wide variety of fully tax-deductible options to support a cherished cause, community or organization now and forever. ICF is the only statewide nonprofit that invests the funds it receives to provide a brighter future for Idahoans tomorrow and forever.
For Idaho’s nonprofits, ICF provides a source of local knowledge about the critical issues they face, and can connect them to donors and partners who can help. ICF also provides a streamlined grant process that offers financial support of nonprofit projects and initiatives through the generosity of our fund creators.
Regional Competitive Grant: Southwest Region
The Idaho Community Foundation invites applications from nonprofit entities as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service.
The mission of the Idaho Community Foundation is “To Enrich the Quality of Life Throughout Idaho.” Grants are awarded through the Regional Grant Cycle for a wide range of organizations and for a wide range of projects consistent with that mission.
- Arts and Culture
- Emergency Services
- Public Projects
- Social Services
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Open to applicants from Ada, Adams, Blaine, Boise, Camas, Canyon, Cassia, Elmore, Gem, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka, Owyhee, Payette, Twin Falls, Valley and Washington counties.
- The Idaho Community Foundation invites applications from nonprofit entities as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service. Qualifying organizations include:
- Government entities, including subsidiaries and public educational institutions.
- Entities with current 501(c)3 not-for-profit status under IRS Code Section 170.
- Nonprofit organizations may apply every year, regardless of previous funding or current year funding through other ICF grant programs.
- Applicants may apply for both the Idaho Future Fund grant and a regional grant.
- Past grant recipients are encouraged to apply.
- Favored Activities:In general, the Idaho Community Foundation favors activities that:
- Reach a broad segment of the community, especially those citizens whose needs are not being met by existing services that are normally expected to be provided by private rather than government sources
- Request seed money to realize unusual opportunities to meet urgent needs in the community
- Stimulate and encourage additional funding
- Promote cooperation and avoid duplication of effort
- Help make a charitable organization more effective and efficient and better able to sustain itself over the long term.
- Grant Restrictions: The following will not be considered for the regional competitive grants program:
- Projects which are considered operating expenses or salaries normally paid by a school district (salaries for special projects not normally funded by a school district will be considered).
- Religious organizations for the sole purpose of furthering that religion.
- Political activities or those designed to influence legislation.
- National organizations (unless the monies are to be used to benefit citizens of Idaho or the organizations are specifically designated by a donor as beneficiaries of the fund).
- Grants that directly benefit a donor to ICF or a donor’s family.
- Less Favored / Low Priority Activities: The following areas are of low priority to ICF and usually will not receive funding:
- Reduction of debt.
- Grants to individuals (except scholarships).
- Fund raising projects.
- Travel for individuals or teams.
- Attendance at conferences, seminars or other projects.
- Programs that fall more appropriately under government funding, such as operating expenses for public schools and police and fire protection.
- Capital projects for which the Foundation’s ability to contribute will be only a very small portion of the total budget and, therefore, may have little impact on the success of the project.
- Bonner County Fund for Arts Enhancement
- Bonner County Human Rights Task Force Fund (North Idaho)
- Chobani Community Impact Fund
- East Idaho- F.M., Anne G., and Beverly B. Bistline Foundation Fund Grant
- Forever Idaho Grant Program - Northern Region
- Forever Idaho Regional Grant Program - Eastern Region
- Idaho Future Fund - Eastern Region
- Idaho Future Fund Grant - Southwest & South Central Region
- Idaho Future Fund - Northern Region
- Ifft Foundation Fund
- North Idaho- Junior Garnier & Bud Ashford Military Veterans Fund Grant
- Perc H. Shelton and Gladys A. Pospisil Shelton Foundation Advised Fund
- Statewide- Student Loan Fund of Idaho Education Fund
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”