Ifft Foundation Fund
Idaho Community Foundation (ICF)
Next predicted deadline: Mar 15, 2024
Later predicted deadlines: Aug 15, 2024
Grant amount: US $500 - US $10,000
Fields of work: Greening & Beautification Parks & Public Spaces Recreation Landscape Architecture
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit, Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Idaho: Bannock County, Bear Lake County, Bingham County, Caribou County, Franklin County, Oneida County, Power County Show all
Location of residency: United States
Ifft Foundation Fund
Sara Ifft and her late husband, Nicholas Ifft III, established the Ifft Foundation Trust in October 1984. Nick, his father and his grandfather were engaged in the newspaper publishing business for more than a century. The Ifft family newspaper enterprises benefited from the loyalty of its readers so it was Nick and Sara’s desire to return some of those benefits to the communities of southeastern Idaho. In June 2001, the Ifft Foundation’s assets became an advised fund in the Idaho Community Foundation (ICF). The fund’s advisors recommend contributions for final approval by the ICF Board of Directors.
Grants given for projects that benefit community beautification and public recreation in southeastern Idaho with primary emphasis on landscaping and beautification projects. Open to organizations from Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Caribou, Franklin, Oneida and Power counties.
Eligible Activities and Projects:
The advisors to the Fund will consider grant requests for activities and projects that
- Benefit community beautification and public recreation in Southeastern Idaho with primary emphasis on landscaping and beautification projects.
- Benefit education, history and the arts in Southeastern Idaho
- Improve the quality of public life in Southeastern Idaho
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant Requirements
- Grants are limited to organizations and entities whose activities will benefit the general public in Southeastern Idaho
- Geographic Area: Applications will only be accepted for projects that benefit the following Southeastern Idaho counties:
- Bear Lake
- Eligible Organizations
- Tax-exempt organizations with current 501c3 nonprofit status under IRS Code Section 170
- Governmental agencies or departments, including public educational institutions
- The Ifft Foundation Fund in ICF will occasionally fund projects initiated by organizations that do not have current federal tax-exempt status. However, the organization must secure a federally qualified tax-exempt fiscal sponsor.
- Proposals Ineligible for Funding:
- Projects that benefit a private individual
- Projects located on private property
- Requests for salaries, benefits, operating expenses, or general organizational budget items
- Requests for funds to be used to purchase real property
- General Labor for landscaping and beautification projects. (Some specialized labor such as installation of carpet for a senior citizens center as part of a bid for materials and installation is acceptable.)
- Fee based services such as administrative, professional, architectural, or consulting fees
- Printing or development of written informational materials such as brochures, booklets, leaflets, etc.
- Funding requests from private schools and churches
- Public school program or equipment funding with the exception of landscaping and public use auditorium improvements.
- Bonner County Fund for Arts Enhancement
- Bonner County Human Rights Task Force Fund (North Idaho)
- Chobani Community Impact Fund
- East Idaho- F.M., Anne G., and Beverly B. Bistline Foundation Fund Grant
- Forever Idaho Grant Program - Northern Region
- Forever Idaho Regional Grant Program - Eastern Region
- Forever Idaho Regional Grant Program - Southwestern and South Central Region
- Idaho Future Fund - Eastern Region
- Idaho Future Fund Grant - Southwest & South Central Region
- Idaho Future Fund - Northern Region
- North Idaho- Junior Garnier & Bud Ashford Military Veterans Fund Grant
- Perc H. Shelton and Gladys A. Pospisil Shelton Foundation Advised Fund
- Statewide- Student Loan Fund of Idaho Education Fund
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”