North Idaho- Junior Garnier & Bud Ashford Military Veterans Fund Grant
Idaho Community Foundation (ICF)
Predicted deadline: May 1, 2024
Grant amount: US $250 - US $1,500
Fields of work: Military & Veterans Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Idaho: Bonner County, Boundary County
Location of residency: Counties in Idaho: Bonner County, Boundary County
About the Junior Garnier & Bud Ashford Military Veterans Fund
Established in 2010, the Junior Garnier and Bud Ashford Military Veterans Fund was created by
Marti (Garnier) Ashford and Jim Ashford of Sandpoint in honor of their fathers, Junior Garnier and Bud Ashford. The Fund is an endowment fund that will forever make annual grants to support military veterans living in Bonner and Boundary Counties.
Grants will range in size from $250 to $1,500. Grants must be used for a charitable purpose.
Fund advisors are interested in funding programs and services in which the veteran organization is providing services directly to local veterans. Services will range, depending on the individual needs that arise, but could include the following:
- Providing food, firewood, emergency relief such as rent and utility assistance etc. to meet basic needs
- Medical equipment distribution/lending
- Outreach to homeless veterans or other veterans not currently utilizing services
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible Organizations
- Veteran organizations located in Bonner and Boundary Counties, serving veterans within that region.
- Examples include American Legion posts, Disabled American Veterans chapters, Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States posts, Vietnam Veterans of America chapters, and Marine Corps League detachments.
- Organizations that received funding from the Junior Garnier and Bud Ashford Military Veterans Fund in the previous year must submit an End of Grant Report by May 1, in order to be considered for future funding.
- Bonner County Fund for Arts Enhancement
- Bonner County Human Rights Task Force Fund (North Idaho)
- Chobani Community Impact Fund
- East Idaho- F.M., Anne G., and Beverly B. Bistline Foundation Fund Grant
- Forever Idaho Grant Program - Northern Region
- Forever Idaho Regional Grant Program - Eastern Region
- Forever Idaho Regional Grant Program - Southwestern and South Central Region
- Idaho Future Fund - Eastern Region
- Idaho Future Fund Grant - Southwest & South Central Region
- Idaho Future Fund - Northern Region
- Ifft Foundation Fund
- Perc H. Shelton and Gladys A. Pospisil Shelton Foundation Advised Fund
- Statewide- Student Loan Fund of Idaho Education Fund
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”