MCF: Maine Theater
Maine Community Foundation
Predicted deadline: Sep 15, 2024 8:59pm PDT
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $5,000
Fields of work: Theater
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit, Indigenous Group
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Maine
Location of residency: Preferred: Maine Other eligible locations: United States
NOTE: You are welcome to mail a list of productions from either the prior or current season along with limited supporting information about your organization and/or project. Send this information by September 15 .
What We Do
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To receive a grant, a theater or project must:
- Support nonprofit professional and community theaters in the production and presentation of live theater
- Who is eligible to apply:
- Nonprofit, charitable organizations tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and also classified as an organization described in sections 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2)
- Public schools
- Public agencies working for the State of Maine
- Indian tribal governments (or political subdivisions) recognized by the Department of the Interior
- Groups without any tax status may apply with a fiscal sponsor that is an eligible organization as described above.
- This program provides:
- Capacity- building grants for improving and strengthening the organization
- General support grants for staff and operational costs at community theaters, including infrastructure and technology
- Project grants for performances and other programmatic expenses.
- Awards are typically between $2,500 and $5,000, although larger awards may be considered.
- Priority will be given to:
- Adult theater
- Organizations that have not received multiple grants in recent years.
- Funds may not be used for:
- Expenses already incurred
- Regranting to a secondary grantee through a competitive process
- Political campaigns
- Lobbying in the form of calls to action on a specific vote
- Religious activities, including, but not limited to, religious services, promotion of religious beliefs, or activities that are restricted to church or religious group membership.
- Theaters whose main purpose is to present social messaging and/or health and wellness education will not be considered for funding.
- Children’s theater projects are not likely to be funded.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”